"A Love For All People"
We put family as a large priority by offering classes for every age. It's important to us that you have a strong foundation in the Word of God and that you are equipped to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world. If you are looking for a Bible based church and believe in the Power of God to change people's lives, then you have found the church you are looking for.
Lake Hills Christian Center started off like many churches in the late 1960’s – in a living room with people that had a conviction to serve our God and give Him their all (many of whom had been part of the Azusa Street Revival in Los Angeles, years before). The pastor at the time was a female minister (name unknown). The congregation grew too large for the small room and moved to a large tent. After that became too small, the congregation purchased a building in Home Gardens and called it Home Gardens Assembly of God. Sometime later, a Pentecostal preacher and retired Air Force chaplain, Pastor Harold Peck, stepped in with a vision for growth. While at this location, the church started growing like a wildfire and the Word of God the same. They started a bus ministry with over 7 buses that would drive far and wide to bring children and adults alike to hear the Good News. In that time, Pastor Peck began a monthly building fund and purchased a large plot of land on the nearby hill. It stayed undeveloped for many years due to unsuccessful attempts to obtain building permits. The leadership thought that it would be better to sell the land. However, Pastor Peck had a vision for the land and how God would use it. The design and location of the church was revised and after a while, the church was able to obtain the permits and broke ground in Lake Hills. The building that now stands was built by the congregations’ own hands and many of the materials were donated. It was registered by the County of Riverside in the 1980’s under the name “The Lighthouse”. Originally, the driveway entrance had a wooden bridge built by one of the deacons. He had collected aluminum cans to pay for the wood he needed. Eventually, the bridge was replaced with asphalt, but the rails of the bridge remain today. A stage was erected on the west side of the property and held many sunrise services, plays, concerts and “America Back To God” rallies with The Blackwood Brothers, Jeff Fenholt, Johnny Hays, Pat Buchanan, Terry Anderson and Oliver North, among others. Pastor Peck asked a church member to dig seating into the hill with a backhoe and dedicated it the “Ray Riggs Amphitheater” which is overgrown with vegetation, but is still there. In 1994, Pastor Peck retired and the church voted in Pastor Mike Rouhotas, a young and vibrant man, to lead them. At Pastor Mike’s suggestion, the congregation renamed the church “Lake Hills Christian Center”, to connect it to the surrounding community. He had a wonderful vision for the church and held huge 4th of July parties for the community that included a water slide that ran along the side of the amphitheater. Later, a BMX track was built where the stage once stood. It was later torn down due to vandalism. Pastor Mike resigned in 2006, and went home to be with the Lord in 2014. Today, our church is lead by Pastor Jim Contreras, a fearless leader who is dedicated to the church and preaches the Word of God without prejudice. Our mission here is to tell the people in our community about the Good Word, that Jesus loves us so much that He died for us, has risen from the grave and is coming back. Pastor Jim has overseen remodeling projects and has transformed the church into the beautiful building it is today. Our motto is “A Love For All People” with services and ministries for men, women and children. Part of our outreach is our Food Bank Ministry, where those that are in need, can come on Friday and get enough groceries to last a week. This is free to the community, although not free for us, but it’s something that our congregation believes wholeheartedly that “What you have done to the least of these, you have done unto Me”. We love our community and are proud to serve its’ people in His name. May God bless you and your family with peace and love.
Where we're headed
We are currently in the process of "REVAMPING" our church. This includes Our social outreach, updating our technology and building, and starting up new classes. It's a very exciting time to visit and plant roots, with new things popping up every week.
What this means for you
You have an amazing chance to come in and make us your home church. Every nail in our building was hammered in by the people of our church over 30 years ago, and today we all have a chance to be a part of the upgrades.
- WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- 10. WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- 11. WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- 12. WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- 13. WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- 14. WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- 15. WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- 16. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’